Monday

Ward Hillbilly Hoedown!

We jist had a great ward party last Friday night! It wuz a Hillbilly Hoedown as y'all ken tell! The invitations wuz all written up on a torn up piece of cardboard ( thank Nancy fer the great idea). The hoedown wuz held in our bishops barn, even though it wuz kinda cold that night! It actually snowed 8 inches the day before! I wuz quite stressed out ( I know hard to imagine!) But we decided to go ahead with it at the barn. I am so glad we did, I had NO DECORATIONS that could be taken to the church! It's all about the look and the effect ya know! It turned out to be a bit colder than I wanted but it is October! Things got pretty warm as long as we were dancing or playing games. This photo is where I served our dinner from! It is really a kitchen sink from my brothers! We called it "Road Kill Calf-A". We served possum stew with corn bread and root beer, with a caramel apple dippin bar!
This here is the barn before any hillbillies arrived. The tables wuz covered with newspaper and grey taped down. The center pieces wuz cans with leaves and weeds in em. We had red long johns and soda can garlands hangin around. We also had corn stalks and straw bales with log pumpkins and leaves around. It was a fun night and so fun to decorate. Hillbilly and Rednecks have a lot in common ya know! I could be as sloppy and junkie as I wanted and it fit in.
This is our bishop and his wife dancing to the first song of the night: There's a dead skunk in the middle of the road. Now jest aren't they cute?
The ward members really had a great time and enjoyed each others company.
This here is Johnny Paul singing his little ole heart out! His background is a camper complete with christmas lights still hangin and soda pop garland with his Home Sweet Home sign! He really did a great job singing fer us all! Thanks Johnny Paul!

Not to brag at all, but the bishop said several times on Sunday that was the BEST ward party we have EVER had! People were telling us all day what a great times they had and thanks for all the work we put into it! I guess that makes it all worth it! Thanks for our committee members that helped put it all together!

6 comments:

Alexis said...

How fun. You always have to go all out don't you! Wish we could have been there.

Johnson said...

Of course it was the BEST ward party ever!!! I love the long johns hanging on the clothes line!!! You are awesome. Love ya.

Sandra and Rob said...

With you it is always amazing. It looks like so much fun.

Erica said...

You are so creative! Glad to hear you love the Colorado life. It was so good seeing you at the reunion!

emily said...

Awesome mama! Looks like everyone had a blast! You always do a good job! By the way I love the picture of you and Gma on the reunion post!

Julie said...

It's the "Penny" way! You are amazing! Want to come do a party for us?