Thursday

I have survived!














I can't believe like the rest of you that it has been TEN YEARS since the worst day of my life. Time sure does have an interesting way doesn't it? I often wonder how the same ten years can seem just like yesterday or like it has been an eternity. I thank my Father in Heaven each and every day for each of my children for the love and support they have been to me. We had a wonderful life didn't we! I love to think of the crazy times your dad created for us. All the trips and the "let's go!' times we had. I can't think of happier times any family could have had. We had it all! I am so grateful for those times. They often help me make it through these times. I miss my Cordell so much. I have loved him since I was thirteen years old. I used to go to church and sit by myself only to hope that he would come and sit by me, and he would. He was always so funny and so energetic! Everyone loved him! We had such a great time. I remember the thrill I would get to just have him talk to me or look at me. I remember the smell of him as he would stop by and see me after work at the tire shop, it was kind of stinky! I loved it though. We would have a special relationship every summer. We grew up in the same ward so we spent a lot of time together as youth. Once while on an outing to the dessert he jumped on the rope swing with me and made the swing go the bottom and hit in the sticks, he had the pull a stick out of his rump! I will forever be grateful for the many wonderful things he taught me! How to love the gospel, how to drive a car, how to have confidence in myself, how to be a parent, how to have patience, how to love life, and more than anything else how to love and be loved! How I miss this wonderful man in my life! He always made me feel secure. I will NEVER be the same without him. Thank you my wonderful children and grandchildren for your love and support. I need you all.

6 comments:

Jill said...

You and your family were such a big part of my childhood. I feel blessed and lucky to have known Corey and you. Love you so much, Penny!

emily said...

You are the best mom and I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you next week!!! The love that you and daddy shared is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! What a glorious day when we see him again! Thank you for the best childhood a kid could ask for! I couldn't ask for better parents I wish I could be more like you! I know you miss your Cordell but don't leave us for a while!!!

Holly Jo said...

Penny,

You are so amazing. Ever since I was a little girl I have admired everything about you. I loved Corey so much!!! I loved that you guys and your happiness was always so contagious. I am so grateful for all that he taught me. Patience, love, happiness; and I know that my testimony would only be half of what it is today, had i not been sble to be his student on so many different occasions and settings. Thank you for the pictures. They mean the world to me. Good luck in your new home. I wished I could have hugged you goodbye. Love, Holly Jo

Michelle W. Nate said...

Oh Penny, I thought of you all day yesterday. I had hoped that you were doing ok. It has gone so quickly, but yet like you said seemed like an eternity without him. God Bless you and know that we are thinking of you always. Hope your move has gone well and know that you have much love from home.

Shuman X Seven said...

Penny- I posted a few memories of Corey on my blog, ut I forgot the most important.... Bridge Jumping. remember how worried we were when Bryan and Corey were over an hour later than they thought they wer going to be? I have always been inspired y the love you two have for each other. He is a man who left his mark when he was here, and his influence continues to influence lives even ten years later. I lveo you Penny. My thoughts have been with you all week. I love you. Shannon

K'Lyn said...

Penny - I am bawling! I sure love you and your wonderful family. I have so many great, hilarious, and some sad memories of times with you all at your home. Thanks you so much for being such a great second mom and letting Lecka and I do so many crazy things at your house all the time. I am so glad I got to see you a few times and get hugs before you left. I have learned so much from your family. I still remember the day Corey named Boris, built Lecka's awesome bed, worked in the basement redesigning the house and many others. I love you so much and will miss you loads. Take care and tell John good luck with the new things he has going down there. Everyone will love you two.